Lower Back Problems
Almost eighty-five percent of the world’s population suffers from lower back pain at least once in their lifetime.
What’s more, back injury is the leading cause of work-related disability. Lost work time, insurance and physical rehabilitation account for an estimated loss of $15-20 billion dollars in business each year in the United States. This is the direct result of 100 million lost workdays each year. For this reason, prevention of both accident injuries and repetitive motion injuries is an enormous concern to every one of us.
ITA-MED belts and supports will reduce pressure, strain and pain in your lower back. By using unique, versatile designs and high quality materials, we have created a line of superior back, abdominal, rib and hernia supports. ITA-MED products will last for years and are comfortable enough to wear all day, everyday.
How to prevent lower back problems:
- Sit upright with a natural curve in the lower spine.
- When lifting heavy objects bend the knees not your back. Contract your stomach muscles and keep your shoulders and back straight.
- Always use a back support when performing physical activities or when lifting heave objects.
General Facts and Recommendations If You Experience Lower Back Pain:
- Immediately following a muscle strain or tear you are apt to have bleeding of the muscle. In order to stop the bleeding, doctors recommend that you apply ice or cold gel pack.
- Find a comfortable position, such as lying on your back with knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Immediately begin wearing a lumbar (back) support.
- Modify your activities to reduce stress on your lower back.
- A strained muscle is likely to go into spasm or weaken, which may result in further and chronic back problems. It is important that you improve the flexibility of the muscles and mobility of the spine. This can be done through mobility and strengthening exercises. See a personal trainer or a physiotherapist for an exercise routine that is right for you. Commit to making these exercises a part of your healthy back lifestyle.